Diversipedia.org.ua – open the world of human diversity.
Our world of human is based on key principles of unity, freedom, trust. With globalization progressing, people, economies and actuals are being mixed and interconnected, contributing to global welfare. Although many people can, rightfully, argue against it, globalization has changed the lives of millions of people around the world to the better. Globalization has made fast amount of resources available to the masses; millions of people around the world now can afford air-travel, clean water, better education and better health care. In such terms communication becomes a key to nation’s interaction and multinational cooperation. This is the point where intercultural communication as a segment takes most important position.
Diversity Initiative strives to uphold human dignity and well-being of migrants, refugees and visible minorities in Ukraine, support them in their beginnings, and provide constant help and support.
Internet web page – is a reflection of the company/brand/idea principles and milestones. With this knowledge and passion, Brandcom team has developed the concept and idea of DI web portal – www.diversipedia.org.ua
(Based on the brief develop creative intro page – interactive flash banner introducing Diversity Initiative and promoting idea of international diversity http://diversipedia.org.ua/)Project goal:
Promote principles and values of Diversity Initiative that strives to uphold human dignity and well-being of migrants, refugees and visible minorities in Ukraine. Open internet as a fast and convenient option of communication with IOM representatives. Key objectives:
Develop new web portal that will reflect diversity of this world and people, and promote principles of intercultural dialogue between people and nations. Make first steps in opening Diversipedia to the public on the Internet.Solution steps:
• reconstruction of www.diversipedia.org.ua
web site, introducing ultimately new design reflecting DI key principles; updating structure, increasing usability.
The offered concept for Diversipedia reconstruction reflects trends of this modern and diverse world:
- integration of social networks. Social networks integration mirrors the key trend of nowadays, that is sharing – core value of all nations, one of the most important virtues of present, past and future. Sharing cultures, traditions and people and protecting them are one of the main tasks of Diversity Initiative (DI);
- understandable structure;
• introducing Diversipedia in social networks (creating and filling accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte).
• new web site structure is developed to group current section, similar in thematic and underline the most interesting section for the visitor, providing fast and easy access to them.
• design is developed to make people want to stay at the portal and make them feel convenient while being at the site.
• development of flash intro banner and forum (banner introduces the concept of the site you’re about to visit and offers to choose a language).
• educational master-class for IOM representatives on social network communication (proving the importance of such tool in case of diversity communications, training to use social media as an active tool).
(Diversipedia new portal visual http://diversipedia.org.ua/ukr/)
- Growth of the site’s traffic up to 350% visitors per day;
- Improvement of site: usability, helpful and interesting content, easy access to the most popular site’s chapters;
- Presence of DI profiles in most popular social networks; all Diversipedia’s sections opened to social media sharing.